Tenant Information

Office Hours

The office is open from Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 5.30pm .

Rental Payments

You need to pay your rent in advance at all times. If at any time you are unable to make a rental payment, please contact your Property Manager. If we do not receive your rental payment and you have not contacted us then this may lead to you being issued with a Termination Notice. So please let us know if you are going to be late with a rental payment.

Property Condition Report

This report is very important to you as it outlines the condition of the property at the commencement of your tenancy and will be used when you vacate the property to determine if there are any variations that you need to reinstate.
We will provide you with two copies of this report when you sign the tenancy agreement. You should review the Report thoroughly and feel free to make any additional comments if you feel that the report is not entirely accurate.
It is also very important that after you have reviewed the report that you return it to us within 7 days of the commencement of your tenancy, retaining the one copy for your records.

Rental Bond

Your rental bond will be lodged with the NSW Office of Fair Trading and is held as security against any unpaid rent or damage to the property. Shortly after lodgement, you will receive written confirmation from the Office of Fair Trading that they have received your rental bond and will provide you with a Rental Bond Registration Number.
Your rental bond will be refunded to you promptly after you have vacated the property provided that your rent is up to date and there are no monies owing for cleaning or repairs to the property.

Inspections during your tenancy

During the course of your tenancy, your Property Manager will inspect your property. We will contact you in advance to arrange a convenient time and will always ensure that we give you at least 7 days notice.

Repairs and Maintenance

All requests for repairs and maintenance are best reported via email to your Property Manager.

In the event of an urgent repair required outside office hours, and your Property Manager is not contactable, arrangements for repairs can be made directly with the tradespeople listed on the front page of your tenancy agreement.

Listed below are preferred tradesmen for emergencies only.

Please refer to your Residential Tenancy Agreement for clarity on what constitutes an emergency.

Electrician: Syd Energy 0410504254

Plumbing: Fast Flow 0451557884

General Repairs: Nexum Projects 0432507456

Locksmiths: Locksolid 0410307979

Carpet Cleaning: Jung Carpets 0411252863

Energy Australia: 131388

Sydney Water: 132090

Your Property Manager will attend to all non-urgent repairs as soon as possible, however, in many instances, it will be necessary to obtain the owner`s approval before any work can commence.


We will retain a duplicate key in a secure location at our office, the reason we do this is in case we need to secure access in an emergency.
If you do want to change any of the locks at the property, you will need to speak with your property manager first and then supply us with a spare set of the new keys.


The owner`s insurance cover on the property does not extend to cover your belongings. We strongly suggest that you take out comprehensive contents insurance to cover your belongings against fire, theft and other perils.
In the event that you, another occupier, or visitor accidentally damages the property and rectification work is required, you may be required to pay any excess that may apply to the owner`s insurance cover.


Your tenancy agreement states the maximum permissible number of people who can occupy the property. If there is any change in either the original occupants or any additional occupants, please notify your Property Manager immediately.

Unfortunately, you are not allowed to sub-let your property without the owner`s consent. So, if you would like to sub-let your property, talk to your Property Manager first.

Termination of a Tenancy Agreement

Your tenancy agreement is a legal contract providing protection for both you and the property owner. You can only terminate this agreement in one of the following ways:

If you intend to vacate at the end of your tenancy agreement, you are required to give 14 days written notice to us prior to the expiry of your agreement. Once the fixed term has expired, unless you have been given notice to the contrary, you may continue living at the property. If you intend to vacate after your tenancy agreement has expired, you must give us at least 21 days written notice in advance.

If any unforeseen circumstances arise and you have to vacate the property prior to the expiration of your tenancy agreement, please contact your Property Manager immediately.

In this situation we will endeavour to find another tenant to take over your tenancy obligations. If this occurs, you will be responsible for the following:

  • Payment of all rent until another suitable tenant moves into the property
  • Payment of a leasing fee
  • Payment of any costs incurred by the landlord for advertising the property.

If you would like to give us notice of your intention to vacate the property, you may use one of our Vacating Notice Forms. These forms can be downloaded and printed from the Documents section.

A Vacating Notice may be sent to us using one of the following methods:

Hand delivered to Shop 5, 46a Macleay St Potts Point or email admin@nickolasproperties.com.au

  • Talk to us today